Thank you for checking into the service opportunities at Lake Community Church. If you are interested in more information or taking the next step, please fill out the form and a member of the Lake Community staff will follow up with you.
- Set up crew
- Tear down crew
What do these roles do?
Set-up Crew - Before our morning services each week, a team of volunteers sets up all the chairs, display tables, and friendship registers in the worship venue.
- Work begins between 7-7:30am
- Usually takes an less than an hour to complete
- Scheduled to cover a calendar month at a time.
- The crew serves 1 month on, 2 months off.
Knowing that not every person will be able to serve every week in their month, the team leader will check in with everyone regarding availability and any changes in the set up needs.
Tear-Down Crew - After the second service each week, this crew tears down the chairs so the room is ready to be used as a gym for weekday ministries.
- While the set-up crew is an assigned group, this crew is comprised of a tear-down crew leader and many people who are available after the second service stay and help remove the chairs.
- This process starts a few minutes after the 10:30am service and is usually done in 15 minutes.
Ushers - During the services each week, the ushers are responsible for:
- Assisting people in finding seats if a service is getting full and/or adding more chairs if needed.
- Counting attendance in the service, as well as in the children's ministry areas.
- Collecting the offering.
- Counting the cash donations and putting it in the safe.
Lead ushers are scheduled on a rotational basis, and they are responsible to oversee the other ushers who are available to help in a service. Ushers can be men or women, and often times families serve together with the kids helping.
Request More Information on Serving at Lake Community