A RICH HISTORY
1. LCC has a rich history based on truths birthed in the revival movements of the late nineteenth century, grounded in a return to studying God’s Word, and applying it to all areas of living and relationships. Read about the history of the Evangelical Free Church of America.
2. 1988-89: After a year of planning and Bible studies, about 40 people were meeting in the Sahlberg’s living room on a weekly basis. These families organized the first public service for a new Alexandria Evangelical Free church in June 1989. About 80 people attended the first service at the Alexandria Technical College. The “Great Commission” found in Matthew 28:19-20; “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” was the guiding scripture for the ministry direction of the new church. In October 1989, Brad Mitchell became the first pastor of our congregation of about 100 people. Brad served as the pastor of Lake Community Church for nine years. The church grew to several hundred attendees during this time. Since then Tracy Weaver served as Senior Pastor from 1999 through 2008, when he left to begin Risen Life Ministries. Pastor Ron Berget was our lead pastor in 2009 until he was called into full time missionary work with T-Net International in 2017.
3. 1990-99: In the mid ‘90s Lake Community Church purchased 12 acres of land on County Road 44. Meeting in schools, hotels, and community centers became the norm, and in the summer of 1998, the property was paid in full. The new building was completed in 1999. Over the years God has brought many Godly and gifted people to lead and serve within LCC.
4. The second phase of our building plan, our Christian Education wing, was completed December of 2011, with the kitchen being added in 2014.
5. LCC has been used by God to help plant three new churches in Minnesota: Glenwood, Sauk Centre, and Albany. We have several global partnerships - in Turkey, Mexico, and Southeast Asia. We also work with churches in the community to reach the unsaved through service and evangelism. Our families invest time and energy to help followers of Jesus mature through small group ministries, within youth and children’s ministry.
Our mission statement is to “Reach people for Christ, and build people in Christ”.